Criteria for activities
The following criteria apply to the activities that Stichting Toekenningen subsidises:
- The activity has to follow the guidelines of the RIVM regarding the organization of public events and the basic safety rules.
- The activity takes place in Amsterdam;
Study trips are excluded.
- The activity is linked to the UvA;
The activity is organised for and/or by students of the UvA.
- The activity aides the development of the student;
Even though the Amsterdam nightlife can certainly contribute to the personal development of the student, Stichting Toekenningen does not subsidise parties or the like. Other events in which the substantial development of the student are eligible for a subsidy.
- The activity is of an open nature.
We see an activity as “open” when all students/interested people are able to take part in this activity (possibly after paying a supplement) and in addition when they have had the possibility of being notified about the event. This can be done through, for example, posters, flyers, (faculty) email, promotion through Facebook, and/or the usage of other social media. This means that activities organised exclusively for member are not eligible.
- The activity is partly financed by the organisation and/or the attendees;
Stichting Toekenningen cannot be the only source of money.
- The activity should have a clear financial administration;
The balance between the contribution of the organisation and/or attendees and Stichting Toekenningen should be realistic. The budget needs to be balanced and possible unforeseen costs need to be taken into account. For an example budget: see “apply”.
- The activity is innovative;
Stichting Toekenningen cannot subsidise the same (type of) activity multiple times; we exist to help starting and modernising get on their way.
- The activity is not annually recurring
In addition to these criteria, there are other factors that need to be kept into account when applying. See the “Apply” page for further explanation.
Criteria for formation costs
Stichting Toekenningen offers student organisations a compensation for incurred expenses regarding the formation of the organisation. The organisation must meet the following criteria.
- The organisation will get the legal form of an association or foundation;
- The organisation is established in Amsterdam;
- The organisation focuses primarily on students in Amsterdam;
- The objective of the organisation is to contribute to the social and/or cultural life of students in Amsterdam;
- The objective of the organisation is achievable;
- There is a clear link with the UvA;
- There is a policy plan showing the added value of the organisation;
- There is an annual budget that demonstrates the organisation’s viability;
- The organisation must be recognised by the UvA’s Commissie erkenning studentenorganisaties. If board members receive a board grant, the association meets this criterion by definition.
Please take the following into account:
- Stichting Toekenningen subsidizes a maximum of €750 per foundation of an organisation.
- The costs eligible for a grant are notary fees, registration with the Kamer van Koophandel, opening of a bank account and launching a website.
- The subsidy application can be submitted up to six months after the foundation but submitting before the official foundation is preferred.
The application can be sent by post or put in our post box. In addition, Stichting Toekenningen wants to know who the founding members are and who has been appointed as contact person.
Criteria for student parties
Student parties can make use of the regular application procedure. The criteria for such applications are as follows:
- The action has an informative component;
- The action is linked to a topical subject within student politics;
- The action is open to all UvA students;
- The action takes place outside the election period;
- The action does not only serve to promote the student’s own organisation.
An application can be made via the application form, together with additional documents to be sent by post. The application must be received at least four weeks before the start of the event. This is based on the date of the letter, on which it is trusted that this will be filled in truthfully.
If the period of four weeks is not feasible due to circumstances, Stichting Toekenningen will – in exceptional cases – consider the application if we receive a motivation from the organisation. Stichting Toekenningen would also like to be informed of changes regarding the content of the activity and/or a change in the budget.